Any entrepreneur can enter LaunchVT, with any startup idea.
To qualify, your company must be an early stage startup looking to create significant impact and scale quickly.
LaunchVT is a business pitch competition awarding cash prizes and in-kind resources to entrepreneurs who deliver plans for a new business enterprise that demonstrates exceptional potential in today’s market. One of Vermont’s best assets is its bright, energetic professionals. Through this competition, participants will build a foundation for their businesses and the future of our state’s economy.
How to Apply::
All applications to be considered must be submitted through our Designbook platform. LaunchVT will not accept any emailed applications or extensions or any applications after our application deadline.
What is needed?
Please fully complete the Overview, Team Room and Details pages in the Designbook Platform. Please also upload your 15-20 slide Pitch Deck, which answers the following questions:
• What is your business? (1-3 Slides)
• Does it solve a problem? (1-2 Slides)
• How does your business/ idea work? (3-4 Slides)
• How does it fit into today's market? (1-3 Slides)
• What makes this idea/ business unique from the competition? (2-3 Slides)
• Current Financials (1-2 Slides)
• How can LaunchVT help you grow your business? (2-3 Slides)
Your financial statement should be included in the slide deck within the Pitch Deck. If you would like to include a separate document, please merge this with your Pitch Deck. This is a chance to write down how you expect to use the cash prize and the in-kind resources for your business. If you have already collected money for your idea so far, feel free to include how you have used it.
Wondering what kinds of companies succeed in the LaunchVT competition? Check out information about startups that have gone through the program here.
the deadline for our 2017 Competition is march 10th.
our Advisory Board will review all applications using an overall rating system that focuses on:
- Likelihood of building a successful business
- Scalability: Potential to grow a sizable & meaningful company over time
- Potential to generate significant employment in Vermont
Teams may be contacted during the review process to provide more clarity on their applications or additional information.
Our 2017 Contestants will be announced to the press with their mentors March 21st.
Have questions? Email Katie Taylor at Katie@vermont.org.